Thank You for Your GIft
Thank you for making a donation through our online giving portal powered by Arreva. Your gift provides grieving individuals and families the important space and connections that are beneficial in their journey toward renewed hope and meaning after loss. Children's grief support groups, adult one-on-one counseling in English and Spanish, and crisis response and grief education in local schools are just a few examples of Kara's commitment to our community's welfare. Your donations allow us to act on our guiding value of empathy and deliver hope and healing daily.
We are deeply grateful for your kindness and generosity.
Jim Santucci, CPA
Please Note: Your official donation acknowledgement will arrive via email from email@example.com. If you would like a hard copy receipt, please contact Kathy Merkle-Raymond, Development Manager (650-321-5272, ext 23 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
2019 Summary of Grief Support Services
- 870 individuals received support in our peer groups and workshops for adults and children
- 87 children attended our summer grief camp for kids and teens
- Over 3,900 children and adults from 87 agencies received support from our Community Outreach and Spanish Services Programs through 242 service events
- 236 adults received ongoing support through our one-to-one peer counseling in Spanish and English
- 104 adults and children received 1,611 hours of support from our therapy program;
- 855 community members received grief support consultations
- 600 individuals participated in our community events (WalknRun to Remember, Day of the Dead Celebration, and Candlelight Service of Remembrance
- 232 volunteers provided 14,258 hours (valued at over $430,000) in service to the bereaved
I can’t thank you enough for all that Kara has given us. A friend said to me recently, ‘You were so broken for so long. It’s good to see your old self emerge and see you able to laugh and be happy again.’ There are many factors that helped us put the pieces back together, and Kara was one of the big ones. I am eternally grateful for what my children and I have gotten from the program. Listening and learning from the group leaders and from other survivors has been essential to our recovery.