How Your Gift Helps
Your gift helps us provide much-needed support to those coping with grief and loss. Children's grief support groups, adult one-on-one counseling in English and Spanish, and crisis response and grief education in local schools are just a few examples of Kara's commitment to our community's welfare. Your donations allow us to act on our guiding value of empathy and deliver hope and healing daily.
Through individual and group peer support, workshops, crisis response, training, therapy, consultations, and community events, Kara provided grief services to over 8,000 community members in 2020 - 2021 as we shifted our primary means of service delivery to telehealth due to the the Covid-19 Pandemic. We are deeply grateful for your generous support.
2021 Summary of Grief Support Services to Our Community
- Compassionate volunteers provided individual and group grief support to 947 adults and children.
- We reached 1,832 individuals through crisis support and grief training, serving 69 organizations.
- Caring staff offered grief consultations and community referrals to 570 individuals.
- 691 individuals attended our virtual and in-person community events, bringing awareness and connection.
- Clinical staff and associates served 73 individuals with grief-specific therapy, providing 1,875 sessions.
I love that Kara is accessible to anyone; all humanity deserves care! By donating, I am able to take away financial pressures from others during their time of need and also help the service be broadly accessible.