How Your Gift Helps
Your gift helps us provided much-needed support to those coping with grief and loss. Children's grief support groups, adult one-on-one counseling, and crisis response and grief education in local schools are just a few examples of Kara's commitment to our community's welfare. Your donations allow us to act on our guiding value of empathy and deliver hope and healing daily.
Through individual and group peer support, crisis intervention, training, therapy, consultations, and community events, Kara provided grief services to over 5.000 community members in 2016. We are deeply grateful for your generous support.
Care, Compassion, Connection & Community in 2016:
- 86 children attended our summer grief camp for kids - Camp Erin
- 525 individuals received support in our child and adult grief groups
- 146 children and adults received over 1,640 hours of support through our grief therapy program
- 238 adults received ongoing support in our one to one peer counseling program
- Over 370 consultations were provided to adults and families seeking support after a loss
- Over 2,000 children and adults from 62 agencies received support from our Community Outreach Programs
- 800 community members participated in our Annual Walk to Remember and Candlelight Service
There is no better gift than having a friend to walk that grief journey with you. For me, Kara is that friend.