How Your Gift Helps
Your gift helps us provided much-needed support to those coping with grief and loss. Children's grief support groups, adult one-on-one counseling in English and Spanish, and crisis response and grief education in local schools are just a few examples of Kara's commitment to our community's welfare. Your donations allow us to act on our guiding value of empathy and deliver hope and healing daily.
Through individual and group peer support, crisis intervention, training, therapy, consultations, and community events, Kara provided grief services to over 5.900 community members in 2018. We are deeply grateful for your generous support.
Care, Compassion, Connection & Community in 2018:
- 807 individuals received support in our peer groups and workshops for adults and children
- 84 children attended our summer grief camp for kids - Camp Erin
- Over 3,100 children and adults from 109 agencies received support from our Community Outreach and Education Program in English and Spanish through 241 service events
- 265 adults received ongoing support through our one-to-one peer counseling in Spanish and English
- 144 adults and children received 2,029 hours of support from our therapy program;
- 930 community members received grief support consultations
- 550 individuals participated in our community events (WalknRun to Remember, Day of the Dead Celebration, and Candlelight Service of Remembrance
- 259 volunteers provided over 13,000 hours in service to the bereaved
I can’t thank you enough for all that Kara has given us. A friend said to me recently, ‘You were so broken for so long. It’s good to see your old self emerge and see you able to laugh and be happy again.’ There are many factors that helped us put the pieces back together, and Kara was one of the big ones. I am eternally grateful for what my children and I have gotten from the program. Listening and learning from the group leaders and from other survivors has been essential to our recovery.