How Your Gift Helps
Your gift helps us provide much-needed support to those coping with grief and loss. Children's grief support groups, adult one-on-one counseling in English and Spanish, and crisis response and grief education in local schools are just a few examples of Kara's commitment to our community's welfare. Your donations allow us to act on our guiding value of empathy and deliver hope and healing daily.
Through individual and group peer support, workshops, crisis response, training, therapy, consultations, and community events, Kara provided grief services to over 4,300 community members in 2020 as we shifted our primary means of service delivery to telehealth due to the the Covid-19 Pandemic. We are deeply grateful for your generous support.
2020 Summary of Grief Support Services by Program
- Grief Therapy Program: 73 Clients, 1,429 Sessions, 7 Associates
- Spanish Services Program: 117 Peer Support Clients, 13 Agencies Served, 1,302 Volunteer Hours, 21 Volunteerses
- Adult Services Program: 348 Peer Support Clients, 107 Group Sessions, 3,400 Volunteer Hours, 68 Volunteers
- Community Outreach & Education Program: 1,788 Individuals Served, 113 Crisis Response Events, 56 Agencies Served, 2,600 Service Hours
- Youth & Family Services Program: 96 Campers, 206 Family Conslutations, 176 Peer Support Clients, 77 Volunteers
I love that Kara is accessible to anyone; all humanity deserves care! By donating, I am able to take away financial pressures from others during their time of need and also help the service be broadly accessible.